- Police Science Research Institute
Police Science Research Institute
A. Roles and Responsibilities of Police Science Research Institute
- Acts as a secretariat for the Police Academy of Cambodia, manages and leads all the subordinating offices.
- Conducts the science research relating to issue of security and public order.
- Builds up the research cooperation relations with the national/international institutions, having the same purposes and objectives.
- Collaborates to review and evaluate the students/trainees’ learning outcome.
- Collaborate to review and evaluate the forensic research findings and research development.
- Makes the statistics entry and crime analysis according to: Characteristics, ethnics, race, religion, custom, tradition, territorial geography, logic, philosophy, procedure and law etc, aiming at identifying the correctness and defect of law, procedure to be used as the basis for a proper conclusion in recommending for legal review legal amendment.
- Collects and stores the research documents on national and international police.
- Conducts the training need analysis or training gap for designing the materials or providing recommendations to the police teachers/instructors, aiming at revising and improving the content of the teaching text or document for the improvement course at all levels.
- Prepares the report and recommendations for the Police Academy of Cambodia on the above research findings.
- Publishes the recent research documents, achievements and findings.
- Manages and develops the library.
- Manages and develops the laboratory
- Proposes the plan and organizes the comprehensive studies program for enrichment and improvement course for the police officers, senior police officers and the General Level Police Officers on new specializations and approaches of the national police in the context of the security situation, social order and national development, and
- Carries out other duties entrusted by the Police Academy of Cambodia.
B. Structure of the Institute
- Administrative Office
- Research Office of Criminology
- Legal Research Office
- Research Office of Leadership Science
- Office of Enrichment and Improvement Training
- Library Management Office
- Laboratory Management Office